Engaging with Your Community: Think about how you engage with your PLN community. How do you participate in discussions, offer support and feedback to peers, and share valuable content?

How I engage with my PLN community on Instagram involves a dynamic approach to ensure I continue to gain meaningful insights and interactions with others. I like to participate in Instagram posts by commenting on my thoughts and ideas while replying to other people’s comments that I find intriguing. Engaging with users’ stories and sharing them online also allows for more personal and fast interactions to take place. Offering support and feedback to peers is another important step for engagement. When peers upload or share their ideas or work, I always comment encouragingly and show them that support. Sharing peers’ posts on my stories also helps them gain more viewers and followers, showcasing my supportive efforts to help them succeed. 

Sharing valuable content online is crucial for a PLN.  For myself, I frequently share posts and videos following the business entrepreneur community and send them to people who are interested in this topic like myself. Sharing posts from big creators helps me to start that conversation and gain knowledge from other people’s perspectives. I also enjoy sharing content to my stories, because it allows me to customize and share it in various formats. Check out this link here for how to customize Instagram stories to gain attraction! Instagram stories have helped me with sharing easy, valuable content online.  By consistently engaging with these different types of activities, it has helped me to create a more supportive and diverse community, where members feel supported and motivated to contribute. Overall, PLN’s help to contribute to a resourceful and encouraging learning environment if used correctly. 

Building a Supportive PLN: What steps have you taken or plan to take to build a supportive PLN? How do you identify and connect with individuals with similar professional interests and goals?

I have started to take steps on Instagram to develop a supportive PLN. I have identified numerous individuals with similar professional goals and mindsets through hashtags and googling about certain individuals. From following and interacting with these accounts, it has allowed me to continue to build a network and community online of similar-minded professionals and educators. To continue building a supportive PLN, I am dedicated to commenting, liking, following, and viewing other creator’s accounts. This helps me to share and discuss valuable information from these posts. I also like to interact with other comments, which allows me to gain and learn new ideas and perspectives. These things all help to continue to grow the Instagram community. Finally, I am planning on joining more Instagram lives to continue to gain knowledge and engage with people who have similar professional interests. I am able to ask live questions on Instagram lives and professionals and educators can respond in real time. This helps me to connect more with professionals in the business field.

Photo by Solen Feyissa on Unsplash